Saturday, February 9, 2013

Recipe: Fiesta Lime Chicken Tacos

We had these for dinner last night. Ohhhhh they were soooo good! And very low sodium too!! These were seriously so much better than the tacos I'm used to making. Because of a time crunch I didn't make my own tortillas this time, but that's on the docket for next time!!

Rub the chicken in spices and let sit. I used Mrs. Dash Fiesta Lime mix because its salt free. You can also use McCormick's fiesta lime spice mix package, or create your own concoction.

Once it has sat for a little bit cook the chicken. I used my electric skillet, but I think it would taste fantastic if done on the grill!

Slice fajita style and serve with taco toppings!

I made a sauce for the tacos using equal parts Mexican Crema and Ortega taco sauce. (My garden isn't planted yet obviously, but when we do I plan to make my own sauces like this with our tomatoes!)

Seriously, we had amazing dinner last night! I'm hoping tonight's coconut curry chicken turns out as nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment