Monday, April 25, 2011

Our New Running Joke

So at my last doctor's appointment, I mentioned to my doctor that I'd been having some really weird cravings recently. Not necessarily to eat, but it was slowly evolving into that. I mentioned that I'd been obsessed with rocks, specifically gravel. The sound wet gravel makes when you crunch it beneath your feet, and that in the last few days I had imagined crunching gravel with my teeth a few times, and I'd been crunching ice like crazy to mimic the sound. Anyway, she knew immediately what was wrong with me. She drew some blood just to be sure, and sure enough... Iron deficiency. It's SUPER common in pregnancy, so she sent me out to buy some Iron supplements (and extra fiber tablets!). Anyway, Nathan and I can't stop laughing about the fact that I actually was craving ROCKS! Anyone else out there crave something horribly weird during pregnancy (with or without the possible reasonable cause)? :)

3 comments:

  1. They actually sell mud/dirt/rocks in Kenya for the pregnant women to eat. One of my friends was there during one of my pregnancies and sweetly offered to bring some back for me... :-)
    ~Marci J

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I haven't craved rocks yet. But, my midwife put me on iron supplements a couple of months ago anyway, so maybe that is preventing the cravings - lol! :)

    ReplyDelete