Saturday, May 14, 2011

Baby Stuff

Well, it's almost time folks! In less than 3 weeks we will be a family of four!!!! How exciting and scary and exciting and scary and did I mention exciting and scary? So, I've been working on my baby checklist for a week and a half now, and I think I might be almost done! Let's see...

New Car: Check! Ok, this wasn't originally on my baby checklist, because there's NO WAY we could have afforded to buy a new car. We were planning on cramming what we could into our Mazda 6. But, God had a cool plan! A family at church was giving away their Dodge Caravan and asked if we could use it, to which we dumbly nodded. SPEECHLESS! So, we got a new car that will FIT everything in it!!!!! Praise the Lord!

Carseat: Check! Of course, this was leftover from when Derek was an infant so we already had it, but it is in the car and ready to go!

Double stroller: Check times 3!!!! We had two Graco Duogliders given to us for free! (Praise the Lord again!) So, we will keep one at my parents' house for use when we are in MN, and the other we will use here at home! Because people were so generous to us by giving us those tandem strollers, I was able to use baby shower gift cards to purchase a double jogging stroller! I am totally excited about this because during the summer I walk up to 5 miles a day and a jogging stroller is a must when you're doing those kinds of distances. It's just all around easier to push and handle, so I wanted one really badly. The one I got even has all the features I wanted! (Individual sunshades for each kid and a snack tray for each kid! Plus the infant seat snaps into it! Score!)

Derek switched to a toddler bed: Check (finally)! It took a couple months, but Derek is now comfy in his toddler bed at night, and we have a solid routine reestablished in our house. More praise for that because it was rough for a couple months there.

Crib ready: Check! Mattress is raised and clean sheets are on it, and it is ready to go!

Baby Laundry done: Check! After a full week of doing nothing but laundry (nesting!) it is finally done and put away and ready to go!

Extras bought: Check! We did a Babies R Us shopping trip yesterday! We got newborn pacifiers, another diaper pod for Owen (because Derek is still using his), new bottle nipples just in case we need them, and a few other odds and ends that we were lacking.

Hospital bag packed: Check (mostly)! I don't have any of the things I use everyday in there yet (like deodorant and stuff like that), but I have sweatpants, and a couple thin sweatshirts, a t-shirt, my nursing camis, and a few things for Owen all ready to go in the bag!

I feel accomplished! Do any of my mommy readers out there have anything that they think I've missed???

2 comments:

  1. Just the cloth diapers... ;-) I crossed over and I LOVE it. Amazing and almost as easy at disposables. :-) (kidding, kidding of course)
    ~Marci

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting! Now I feel like I should do all that! :) I am a week or two behind you, when are you due again? I'm due the 14th, but who knows when these babies will come, maybe we'll have them at the same time? Haha

    We need a new car too. We have a tahoe, and I think 3 carseats could fit in the back seat but I don't trust Aj enough yet to not poke at the baby or something, plus then we have no extra seats. We need/want to get a saburban at some point. That's wonderful that one was given to you!

    Awesome about the strollers too. We live on a dirt road and it's soooo hard to walk on with the reg. stroller, my friend has a jogging one and man, that was nice with the huge wheels. I just got a sit'n'stand stroller bc every time we go for a walk (There is a paved walk path that we drive to), Aj wants to walk too and fusses when I don't let him and it's hard to pull him out of the back seat of the other one. How does Derek do?

    Derek stays in his toddler bed? Nice. Maybe Aj's too young yet, we tried for one night but he wouldn't stay and I didn't feel like dealing with it. He can crawl out of his crib but for the most part only does it when we say 'ok, now you can get out'. We will probably wait to change him over till after the baby comes. I have a co-sleeper for the new baby, so we don't need the 2nd crib yet. (It's like a small pack n play that has a bar that drops a little, so they are at the same level as the bed)
    How did you get Derek to change to the toddler bed?

    I haven't even started thinking about getting ready for the baby, to see what all I have or need. We were wanting to build a porch next week (were going to pour cement pads for it to sit on today, but the ground is frozen still and it will be 2 weeks before it will thaw totally), so maybe I will start on getting ready now while we wait! We don't really have room for any/much baby stuff either, so I dunno.

    What about stuff for you for after Owen is born? Pads and such, does the hospital give you all of that?
    In 2 weeks we will have the 'birth plan' talk with our midwife, I think that will make it all sink in. I can't wait till then! I hate waiting for stuff! Great, now you got me thinking about it! haha

    So excited for you, can't wait to hear the news! Did you go early at all with Derek? I think you are defenely ready incase you do go early now! :)

    ReplyDelete