Friday, June 19, 2009

A New Experience

Well, I'm about to have a new experience!! Thanks to my wrist deciding to grow a ganglion cyst I will be having surgery in a week and a half. I've never had surgery before. The first time I was ever in the hospital was when I had Derek. So, needless to say I'm a little nervous. The cyst is no big deal, in fact the doctor said if I wanted to I could leave it be, but it's starting to gross me out big time so I decided to go ahead and have it removed since we havae met our insurance deductible this year with Derek's birth. So, in case anyone was freaking out about me having surgery, I'm ok and it's no big deal. They won't even have to put me under, they'll just use a block for my arm so I'll be awake the whole time! I can even watch if I want (which I don't!! EWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!). The whole procedure will take 20 minutes. I just can't wait to have it gone, because like I said, it's really gross!!!!

1 comment:

  1. That's ironic because I also have a cyst in my left hand - I went to the doctor about it in January and since it wasn't causing me any severe pain, they said I could let it be for another 9 months or so because it might go away on its own. It seems to be shrinking so I'm hoping that it will completely heal and I won't have to have surgery! Though, like you said, it's a mild surgery. :)

    ReplyDelete