Friday, September 9, 2011

New Things...



There are so many new things going on. Not all of them are good, but we trust that God is good.
I guess I'll start with the bad since I mentioned that. Nathan's dad is struggling with some on going health issues and went to the doctor because of chronic pain that he thought was stemming from these issues. What they found instead is the strong possibility of the presence of cancer. This news was devastating to the family, even though we aren't really sure what the final result of the tests are. The mere thought of it being cancer is terribly scary. But like I said, we trust that God is good and has this in His plan. Please pray for the whole family over the next week as we find out the results of the tests done yesterday.

Now on to the good stuff:

Owen is getting BIG!! He is now three months old, and things have gotten so much better around here! We are sleeping again, and although he still doesn't sleep very much throughout the day, I have decided I can live with that provided he sleeps at night. Which he does, very well. He is usually only up once a night to eat! It's great! He is a talker! He will look you in the eyes, and really zone in and just baby talk to you and smile and squeal when you talk back. I just love it! He is working really hard on sitting up by himself. He still has a ways to go on that, but it's so fun to watch him try! He's so happy and so smiley! He still loves to be held, and would rather be worn than ride in the stroller, but as long as he can sit up and see what's going on around him he will sit in the stroller for a while.
Derek is huge too. He is 2 1/2 these days going on 20 it feels like. He is talking in full sentences now. He will repeat anything you say, it's so cute to watch him mimicking his daddy. His imagination is blossoming too. He will pretend to be a kitty, or to cook dinner on his play grill. He is the best big brother. He will sit and play baby games with Owen and love on him. He is very careful not to squish the baby by hugging him, and instead will plant brother kisses all over his baby face! Owen in turn will squeal in delight when he sees Derek! It's so heart warming to watch them together!
The weather is turning cooler these days. Fall is coming... winter is coming... This February I turn 28. 27 went by too quickly... Derek will be 3 and ready for preschool next fall. Owen will be one by the time the weather turns warm again. Oh how the time flies by. Don't waste it. Never waste these precious days. All too soon you end up like my parents with both kids married off. Not that I'll mind that stage when I get to it I'm sure, but not now. As I was pacing up and down my house with a sleepless Owen a few nights ago I was speaking softly to him, and this is what I told him:

"Oh precious Baby, how I love you. Don't grow up, okay. Stay little in my arms forever. Your brother grew up and grew too fast. He runs from my kisses now. Stay little in my arms forever, Owen. I know that someday you will be big, and you will go to school, then to college, and you will find a wonderful girl to love and you will love her more than me. You had better love her more than me. But not tonight. Tonight you are mine. Tonight I will hold you and love on you. Stay little in my arms, okay Owen. For just a little while longer."

No comments:

Post a Comment