Thursday, July 14, 2011

Confessions of a New Mom Part II

I don't like my seven week old's personality!

I know that babies don't really get their personalities until 3 months or so, but so far, my baby has been nothing but ornery and fussy. He doesn't like to be put down. As a result he hates the swing, the bouncy seat, the play mat, the car seat (therefore the car also), the Ergo carrier, the Moby Wrap, the Baby Bijorn, the stroller.... anything that's not being carried in arms. He also has stopped taking a bottle, and spits out any pacifier you try to give him. Nursing only for this kid. Needless to say this all makes my life very difficult. He has about 5-10 minutes of quiet happy time right after he eats. This is when we play and I get to see his smile. But then he starts fussing and the fussing doesn't stop until he goes to sleep. Thanks to his current sleep strike, that isn't happening very much either. I know that this will soon pass, and I love my baby more than anything, but I really can't wait for that 3 month mark.

No comments:

Post a Comment