Sunday, July 11, 2010

This Past Week

We've had a doozy of a week! Nathan left last Monday for a trip to Colorado with the youth group. I thought that the week he was gone would be a breeze. I had a full day of work on Monday (which I hadn't had in over a year!) and it made the day go by quickly. Then Tuesday I had planned to take Derek to the pool, we have a standing play date on Mondays that we were going to move to a different day, I was planning to take Derek to the children's museum and we were going to have a really fun week. All my plans were shot to heck on Tuesday morning when Derek woke up with a fever. I figured no problem, so we would spend the day (which was rainy anyway) inside letting Derek rest. He sometimes gets low grade fevers when teething and they're always gone the next day. It wasn't gone on Wednesday. So we spent another day inside (gorgeous day this time). His fever was still sticking around on Thursday so we were inside again. I made a doctor's appointment for Friday since by now I knew it wasn't just teething. Nathan finally got home Thursday night, but he was exhausted. I took Derek to the doctor on Friday morning and discovered he had a "virus". Nothing specific, just a virus. So, he slept all day on Friday. Yesterday he finally felt better, but we took him to the all church picnic and today he is absolutely exhausted. He has been taking only one nap a day since he was 12 months old, and today he is on his second nap!! Continued prayers for his recovery would be appreciated!

1 comment: