Monday, November 8, 2010

Why I've been MIA

Sorry I haven't been blogging as regularly as I would like. There are a couple of reasons for this.

1. I found out on Sept. 28th that we are expecting our second child!! We are extremely excited, but I have been really sick. I spent 3 weeks unable to function aside from making the trip from my bedroom to the bathroom to throw up, multiple times a day. Thanks to my amazing doctor, I am now back on the Zofran I was taking while I was pregnant with Derek and my life is much better. I still don't feel 100%, but I feel much much better. Still, it's hard to get motivated to blog when I'd rather be using Derek's nap time to sleep myself! Haha!

2. Nathan and I have been dealing with an immense issue in our ministry that I am not able to discuss in a public forum such as this. All I can say is that we covet the prayers of our brothers and sisters. We have never faced anything like this before, and while we know it is for our sanctification in Christ Jesus, we are still at a loss as to what to do. We are thankful for those of you who do know about the situation who have offered up your advice. Please continue to pray that the LORD would grant us wisdom.

That's all for now. Like I said, with these two things eating up most of my remaining brain capacity (after it's been fried by hours of PBS Kids and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, and picking up the same mess over and over again...) I may not be blogging as much. Hopefully the second trimester will bring the return of my energy!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, I can't imagine being so sick. How did you watch Derek while getting sick? I don't know how you did it, but you're brave! I would have made Aaron come home or something!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarah. I hope you don't mind I became a "follower" of your blog. I wanted to keep up with you guys. I'll be praying for you guys. I don't know if it's the issue we talked about shortly before we moved, but in any case I want you both to know that Chad and I support your ministry, and believe that he is the ideal youth pastor for the church. You are a wise and godly woman and we have great respect for you both. If you ever need to talk, you can always message me. Love, Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shell~ It was difficult for a while there. Fortunately I have a wonderful husband with a flexible job and he was able to help a lot. When he wasn't home I would put on movies and lay on the couch. Poor Derek, I know, but he seemed to understand. He would come over every now and then and pat my cheek. :)

    Kim~ Thank you for your wonderful words. I can't even tell you how much they mean to me. There should be a resolution soon I hope, but until then your prayers are appreciated!

    ReplyDelete