Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Ugh

I hate January. Not to start out negative, but I really hate January. January is that boring little stretch of winter after the excitement of Christmas and before the light at the end of the tunnel in February. In Minnesota the light at the end of the tunnel really didn't come around until the end of March, but I'm really hoping that will be different in Kansas. Anyway, I'm not a winter lover. By the time January rolls around I've had enough. Funny since this fall in Kansas was ridiculously warm. It was in the 70's well into November!! But still, here we are in January and I'm like "ugh" already. Usually around this time of year my motivation flies out the window. Most people use January as a fresh start, but for me the year doesn't being until Spring!! I don't make New Year's resolutions. I don't keep them anyway. I make spring resolutions. Those are much more fun!!!

2 comments:

  1. yea Minnesotan. Someone else who is sick of the stinging cold too:) My family just moved here two years ago from Iowa. There is a ten degree difference and we can really feel it.

    Let's hope for sunny days at least. As I recall last year there was a stretch where the sun didn't shine for a good week or two.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate January too, though I'm hoping that 2010 brings exciting progress with our embryo adoption, so in that regard, "Welcome January 2010!" :)

    ReplyDelete